2], patients with normal levels of total hemoglobin appear cyanotic when the methaemoglobin concentration is more than 10 to 15% (2).
What does tHb stand for?
tHb stands for Total Hemoglobin
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of tHb
We have 41 other meanings of tHb in our Acronym Attic
- The Herald Bulletin (newspaper; Indiana)
- The Holy Bible
- The Honey Brothers (band)
- TheHilariousBros Productions (YouTube)
- Theologiae Baccalaureus (Latin: Bachelor of Theology)
- Thigh High Boots
- This House Believes (debating)
- Thrombocyte B
- Too Hard Basket
- Toronto, Hamilton, and Buffalo Railway Company
- Total Heterothropic Bacteria
- Traditional Housing Bureau
- Trafficking in Human Beings (EU)
- Tres Horny Boys (The Adventure Zone)
- Trojan Horse Band (band)
- Tangipahoa Home Builders Association (Hammond, LA)
- The Black Absynthe (gaming guild)
- Threo-Hydroxy Beta-Aspartic Acid
- Tommy Hutton Baseball Academy (Jupiter, FL)
- Topeka Home Builders Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
The OPTI R measures pH, blood gas, Na, K, iCa, total hemoglobin and oxygen saturation.
Standardization of hemoglobinometry on the basis of spectrophotometric determination of methemoglobincyanide, a stable hemoglobin derivative into which all hemoglobin derivatives usually present in the blood can be easily converted, involved an understanding that the total hemoglobin concentration (ctHb) includes the inactive (non-oxygen-binding) derivatives.
Investigators noted a statistically significant increase in total hemoglobin from baseline in patients in the high-dose group, compared with the placebo patients.
In healthy volunteers, total hemoglobin concentration (skin blood volume) increased when the position changed from supine to left lateral and decreased when changed from supine to right lateral.