Scintillations and rapid changes in total electron content (the number of electrons in a one meter cross-section between the receiver and the transmitter) produced by the ionosphere have unique signatures that can be used to detect their presence.
What does TEC stand for?
TEC stands for Total Electron Content
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TEC
We have 467 other meanings of TEC in our Acronym Attic
- Thyroid Epithelial Cell
- Tibet Empowerment Circle (nonprofit NGO supporting education and empowerment for Tibetans)
- Tilganga Eye Centre (Nepal)
- Time-Domain Echo Cancellation
- Tivoli Enterprise Console
- Tokai Electronic(s) Company
- Topographic Engineering Center
- Toppan Editorial Communications (Japan)
- Tosei Electric Corporation (Japan)
- TOSS Exchange Center
- Total Elementary Carbon (solid wastes)
- Total Entertainment Center (video rental store)
- Total Estimated Cost
- Total Excellence Centre (Manchester, UK)
- Tower En-route Control
- Tower Executive Controler
- Toyo Engineering Corporation (Japan)
- Trace Elements Corporation
- Traditional Episcopal Church
- Traffic Enforcement Centre (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The observing systems use sensing technologies that take measurements of more than 200 environmental parameters such as air temperature and pressure, wind speed and direction, ocean salinity, solar radiation, total electron content of the upper ionosphere, etc.