The water and sediments samples were monitored for 27 parameters, including total dissolved salts (TDS), electrical conductivity (EC), dissolved oxygen (DO), chloride, total hardness, alkalinity, nitrate, nitrite, ammonia, sulphate, orthophosphate, total phosphate, biological oxygen demand (BOD), sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, cobalt, lead, nickel, chromium, manganese, copper, zinc, cadmium and iron.
What does TDS stand for?
TDS stands for Total Dissolved Salts
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TDS
We have 330 other meanings of TDS in our Acronym Attic
- Tomsoft Diary System (software)
- Tonga Defense Services
- Tool and Die Systems (TDS Automation, Inc.)
- Top Drive System (petroleum industry)
- Top-Down Shooter (gaming)
- Top-Down Solutions (car parts)
- Toronto Daily Star (Canada)
- Torque Data System (software)
- Total Debt Service (Ratio)
- Total Diet Survey (US FDA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 2004, more than 50 people died in Hyderabad due to the increased ratio of the total dissolved salts in the river water after the release of the contaminated water from the lake.
The waste water from leather industries is characterized by high oxygen demand, total dissolved salts and Hazardous Inorganic chemical waste etc.