The total digestible nutrients (TDN) were calculated according to Weiss (1999) but using the NDF and the NFC with corrections for ash and protein, using the following equation: TDN (%) = DCP + NDFapD + NFCapD + 2.
What does TDN stand for?
TDN stands for Total Digestible Nutrients (livestock feed)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TDN
We have 47 other meanings of TDN in our Acronym Attic
- The Dark Nation (gaming clan)
- The Dink Network (online game)
- The Divorce Network (Farmington, CT)
- Théatre de Nice (French: Nice Theater; France; est. 1989)
- Thoroughbred Daily News (Red Bank, NJ)
- Three Dog Night (band)
- Tikona Digital Networks (India)
- Tokyo Digital Network (Tokyo, Japan)
- Total Digestible Nutrients
- Total Dissolved Nitrogen
- Traditional Domain Name
- Tran Dai Nghia (High School, Vietnam)
- Transaction Data Network
- Transaction Delivery Network
- Transdermal Nitroglycerin (medical)
- Travel Directed is Necessary in the Military Service
- Turkish Daily News
- Tactical Data Network Data Distribution System - Modular (US DoD)
- Tactical Data Network - Echelons Below Battalion
Samples in periodicals archive:
Once calculated, digestibility can be related to total digestible nutrients and net energy using National Research Council equations.
High in Nutrients Average-quality hay contains between 25 and 35 percent crude fiber and 45 to 55 percent total digestible nutrients (TDN).