Normal values for serum bilirubin in adults, using traditional laboratory techniques, are measured in micromoles per litre ([micro]mol/L): * Total bilirubin < 18 [micro]mol/L.
What does TB stand for?
TB stands for Total Bilirubin (biology)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TB
We have 44 other meanings of TB in our Acronym Attic
- Tom-Tom Beater (Mic-O-Say, Heart of America Council, Boy Scouts of America)
- Tony Blair
- Too Bad
- Tooling Ball
- Torch Brazing
- Toronto Bluejays
- Torpedo Boat (military watercraft)
- Torsion Bar
- Total Bases (baseball)
Samples in periodicals archive:
4) Passuello and Puhl suggested that the fetus would not develop kernicterus if the mother's total bilirubin level could be kept below 171.
Whereas serum ceruloplasmin is not informative for making the diagnosis of WD-FHF, formulas that use available laboratory data [a ratio of alkaline phosphatase (in U/L) to total bilirubin (in milligrams per deciliter) <4, concomitantly with an aspartate aminotransferase-alanine aminotransferase ratio >2.
Triglyceride and total bilirubin levels in the deceased versus surviving group appear to be high (triglyceride: 394[+ or -] 183 mg/dl, 289 [+ or -] 7 mg/dl; total bilirubin: 2.
9) However, the reduction of albumin in the serum, as shown in Tables 2 and 3, explains why the total bilirubin is increased.
Other laboratory tests revealed acute hepatitis with AST 653 IU/L, ALT 1134 IU/L, alkaline phosphatase (ALP) 340 IU/L, total bilirubin 3.