Total abdominal hysterectomy was the most commonly performed route for 35% of respondents, with 24% preferring a vaginal approach, and only 8% reporting total laparoscopic hysterectomy as their preferred method.
What does TAH stand for?
TAH stands for Total Abdominal Hysterectomy
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TAH
We have 49 other meanings of TAH in our Acronym Attic
- Teatro Académico de Gil Vicente (Academic Theatre Gil Vicente)
- Teens Against Gang Violence
- Transfusion-Associated Graft-Versus-Host Disease
- Tactical Assault Group West (Australia)
- Take A Hike
- Take A Hint
- Target Area Hazard
- Teaching American History (grant program)
- Temperature Alarm High
- Three Apples High
- Total Academic Headcount (MathWorks)
- Total Artificial Heart
- Tough As Hell
- Track and Hold
- Trading After Hours (stock exchange)
- Trust for America's Health
- Total Abdominal Hysterectomy-Bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy (also seen as TAHBSO)
- Terry A. Hayes Associates LLC (Culver City, CA)
- Texas Amateur Hockey Association
- Texas Association of Haunted Attractions
Samples in periodicals archive:
Patients having total abdominal hysterectomy (TAH) are also likely to benefit from multimodal pain management.
The treatment of choice is total abdominal hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-opherectomy,4 as was done in our case.
Compared with women in the control group, women who had a total abdominal hysterectomy had a 1.
A total abdominal hysterectomy was done followed by repair of the anterior abdominal wall using Mayo's double-breasting (overlapping) technique.
TOTAL ABDOMINAL HYSTERECTOMY The womb and cervix are removed through the abdomen.
Although a patient undergoing a total abdominal hysterectomy is at risk for having a stroke, it is possible that the patient may have had a stroke independently from the fact that she received a transfusion or any other treatment in the course of undergoing the hysterectomy.