My daughter found a plaque in this area that had the name Evangelista Torricelli and said he was a mathematician.
What does Torr stand for?
Torr stands for Torricelli (unit of pressure equal to 1/760 atmosphere)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of Torr
We have 1 other meaning of Torr in our Acronym Attic
- Torpedoman's Mate (US Navy)
- Total Ossicular Replacement Prosthesis
- Trans-Oceanic Research Project
- Torpedo Countermeasures & Deception
- The Optical Retrieval Project Electronic Documents Online (Naval Research Laboratory)
- Torpedo Exercise
- Torpedo Explosive
- Torpedo Squadron (US Navy)
- Trades, Orders, Reports and Quotes
- Take-Off Run Required
- Tournament of Roses Radio Amateurs (Pasadena, CA)
- Taskforce for Obesity Research at Southwestern (Dallas, TX)
- Thrown Object Restraint System (Vermeer Manufacturing Company)
- Transformer Oil Regeneration System (Omega Systems)
- Transoral Robotic Surgery
- Trinity Outpatient Rehabilitation Services (Rock Island, IL)
- Taiwan Organ Registry and Sharing Center
- Toronto Scottish Regiment (Toronto, Canada)
- Torque-Sensing (Gleason differential that biases torque)
- Thirty and Over Recreational Soccer Organization (Texas)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In October, Democratic Senator Robert Torricelli was trailing Republican Doug Forrester in the polls.
Byline: JONATHAN McEVOY DAVID MOYES has ruled out a swoop for former Italian international Moreno Torricelli.
EVERTON are exploring the possibility of signing former Italian international fullback Moreno Torricelli - even though the transfer window has closed.
Although the transfer window closed last weekend, Everton would be able to sign Torricelli because he is a free agent.
EVERTON have taken Italian defender Moreno Torricelli on trial.
Everton have made a habit of cheap deals this summer to pad out their squad and Torricelli looks ready-made to be Moyes's next canny capture.