Torpedo Squadron Four: A Unique Cockpit View of World War II, Second Edition Gerald W Thomas.
What does TorpRon stand for?
TorpRon stands for Torpedo Squadron (US Navy)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Tertiary Oil Recovery Project
- Theoretical Orientation to Reading Profile (Diane DeFord profile)
- Torpedoman's Mate (US Navy)
- Total Ossicular Replacement Prosthesis
- Trans-Oceanic Research Project
- Torpedo Countermeasures & Deception
- The Optical Retrieval Project Electronic Documents Online (Naval Research Laboratory)
- Torpedo Exercise
- Torpedo Explosive
- Trades, Orders, Reports and Quotes
- Take-Off Run Required
- Torricelli (unit of pressure equal to 1/760 atmosphere)
- Tournament of Roses Radio Amateurs (Pasadena, CA)
- Taskforce for Obesity Research at Southwestern (Dallas, TX)
- Thrown Object Restraint System (Vermeer Manufacturing Company)
- Transformer Oil Regeneration System (Omega Systems)
- Transoral Robotic Surgery
- Trinity Outpatient Rehabilitation Services (Rock Island, IL)
- Taiwan Organ Registry and Sharing Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
4, the "noble sacrifice" of the USS Hornet's torpedo squadron, and the notion that the Americans were tremendously outnumbered.
Losing the Torpedo Squadron 8, that was the toughest.
A Dawn Like Thunder: The True Story of Torpedo Squadron Eight.
Hornet's dive bombers missed contact, but 15 planes comprising her Torpedo Squadron 8 found the enemy and pressed home their attacks.
on 26 March 1945, included Fighter Squadron (VF) 41 and Torpedo Squadron 41, flying FR-1 Fireball and TBM-3E Avenger aircraft, respectively.
He was the only survivor of the June 4, 1942 Torpedo Squadron (VT) 8 TBD torpedo plane attack on the Japanese carrier force.
When Lexington left San Diego on 5 July, she had embarked 62 planes from six squadrons, including Bombing Squadron 4, Torpedo Squadron 2, and Scouting Squadrons 2, 3, 41 and 42.