According to his principal biographer (Yonason Rosenblum, Reb Shraga Feivel: The Life and Times of Rabbi Shraga Feivel Mendlowitz, the Architect of Torah in America, Artscroll Mesorah, 2001), Mendlowitz--like his son-in-law, Rabbi Linchner--was sympathetic to the Torah Im Derech Eretz views of Samson Raphael Hirsch, and was reprimanded by the yeshiva administration for reading the German language works of Hirsch.
What does TIDE stand for?
TIDE stands for Torah Im Derech Eretz
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TIDE
We have 39 other meanings of TIDE in our Acronym Attic
- Tactical International Data Exchange
- Team Integrated Design Environment (Aptima Inc.)
- Technological Initiative for the Socioeconomic Integration of the Disabled and Elderly (EU)
- Technology Innovation Design Engineering
- Technology Insertion Demonstration and Evaluation Program (SEI/Carnegie Mellon)
- Tele-Immersive Data Explorer
- Terrorist Identities Data Mart Environment
- Terrorist Identity Environment
- Theater Information Dissemination Environment (US Army South, Fort Sam Houston, TX)
- Thermal Ion Dynamics Experiment (NASA)
- Traffic Information Distributor and Editor
- Trans-Pacific Interactive Distance Education Project
- Transportation Information for Decision Enhancement
- Thermal Ion Dynamics Experiment/Plasma Source Instrument (NASA)
- TERI (The Energy and Resources Institute) Information Digest on Energy and Environment (India)
- Threat Intelligence Deficiency Report
- The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport (University of Central Florida)
- Threat/Intelligence Data Extraction System
- Training Impact Decision System
- Translingual Information Detection, Extraction and Summarization (US DARPA program)
Samples in periodicals archive:
With its relatively recent veer to the "right" and assumption of the same Fundamentalist stances pursued by their equivalents in Protestantism and Islam, Orthodoxy has rejected Torah im derech eretz for a studied regression to pre-Haskalah times.