As of February 2013, one of the two products, a combination product containing the anorexant phentermine and the anticonvulsant topiramate in an extended-release form, is currently available by prescription in the United States.
What does TPM stand for?
TPM stands for Topiramate (medicine)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TPM
We have 200 other meanings of TPM in our Acronym Attic
- Third-Party Monitoring
- Ticketed Point Mileage
- Timbalan Perdana Menteri (Malay: Deputy Prime Minister)
- Timber Products Manufacturers (Spokane, WA)
- Tire Pressure Monitors
- Tivoli Provisioning Manager (IBM)
- Today People Matter (business philosophy)
- Todo Para Mañana
- Top Image Systems, Ltd. (former stock symbol; now TISA)
- Topflite Print Management (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The combination of an immediate-release formulation of phentermine and a controlled-release formulation topiramate was approved for the treatment of adults with a body mass index of at least 30 kg/[m.
She was treated with topiramate as a prophylactic treatment, 25 mg nightly and the dose was fitrated up to 50 mg two times daily (BID) over 4 weeks.
Topiramate enhances gamma-amino-butyric acid effects, has anti-glutaminergic effects, and is a state-dependent sodium channel blocker.