The event, organised by the Tony Hancock Appreciation Society, runs from 11am to 6pm and features memorabilia, film footage and a talk from Phil Glass on his specialist subject, Steptoe & Son.
What does THAS stand for?
THAS stands for Tony Hancock Appreciation Society
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of THAS
We have 2 other meanings of THAS in our Acronym Attic
- Total Health Advocacy Partners (California)
- Tweed Heads Appliance Parts (Tweed Heads, New South Wales, Australia)
- Tetraplegia Hand Activity Questionnaire
- Test Hazard Analysis Review
- Toe-to-Headwall Altitude Ratio (geology)
- Total Hip Articular Replacement by Internal Eccentric Shells
- Trauma Healing and Reconciliation Services (Bujumbura, Burundi)
- Telephone Health Advisory Service
- Thoracoabdominal Syndrome
- Tony Hawk American Skateland (game)
- Tower Hamlets Alcohol Service (UK)
- Tourist Hotel Association of Sri Lanka (Colombo, Sri Lanka)
- Thasios Oribatikos Syllogos (Greek Hiking Club)
- Tar Heel Aquatic Team (North Carolina)
- Telephone Handset Audio Tap (JK Audio)
- Texas Heatwave Aerobatic Team (radio controlled air shows)
- Toronto Housing Tenants Association
- Timber Harvesting and Transportation Safety
- Temporary Heating Assistance for Warmth (Ohio)
Samples in periodicals archive:
THE OLD JOINT STOCK, n Temple Row West, Birmingham 0121 200 0946: Tony Hancock Appreciation Society (Oct 3).
He also had a close bond with Brummie Tony Hancock, and will be reminiscing about his friend at the Tony Hancock Appreciation Society Convention, which is part of the Birmingham Comedy Festival.
But members of the Tony Hancock Appreciation Society, who met at the Midlands Art Centre at Cannon Hill Park on Saturday, had more fond memories of the drywitted Brummie.
Organised by the Tony Hancock Appreciation Society, Tony Hancock - 50 Years on BBC Television will take place at the MAC in Cannon Hill Park from 11am-6pm.
We have been contacted by one of our members who says he has these two radio performances on tape,' said Jeff Hammonds, sound archivist for the Tony Hancock Appreciation Society.