Byline: Emma Johnson CLUBBING at the age of 11, DJing professionally at the age of 13, on Radio One by his early twenties, the wunderkind protege of the late, great Tony de Vit - the Fergie story is the stuff of legend.
What does TDV stand for?
TDV stands for Tony De Vit
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of TDV
We have 31 other meanings of TDV in our Acronym Attic
- Technische Dienstvorschrift (German Army)
- Technology Development Vehicle
- Teen Dating Violence
- Temporary Design Variation
- Tête De Veau (French: calf head)
- The Digital Village (digital media/communications company; UK; est. 1994)
- Théatre de Verre (French: Glass Theater; France)
- Théatre des Variétés (French: Variety Theater; Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
- Time Dependent Valuation (energy)
- Time Dependent Variable
- Torrent de Vie (French: Torrent Life; Brussels, Belgium; est. 1995)
- Total Document Volume (office automation)
- Toyota de Venezuela (Spanish: Venezuela Toyota)
- Triple Duty Valve
- Truth Duty Valour (TV show)
- Truth, Duty, Valour (motto of The Royal Military College of Canada)
- Tahoe Douglas Visitors Authority
- The da Vinci Code (Brown novel)
- Time-Dependent Variational Principle
- Tobon Digital Video Productions (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It was to become a mercurial move that would lead to international DJ status with Tony De Vit taking Fergie under his wing and starting him on a journey that eventually led to his own slot on Radio 1 where he championed the sounds of underground on mainstream radio, before minimal became the du jour genre for DJs.
Before long Fergie met top DJ Tony de Vit who took Fergie under his wing and showed him the ropes.
With much of the dead wood finally floating off into horizon, Hard House too seems to be finding its feet again after losing so many of its core players - most notably Tony De Vit.
Pioneered by the late Tony de Vit, Farley has taken up the challenge and he's now one of the most sought-after DJs in the business.
Features tunes from Mauro Picotto, Lisa Lashes and the late, great Tony De Vit.
Some of my earliest DJ influences have included Tony De Vit, Malcolm Duffy and US jocks such as DJ Pierre and Derrick Carter, but most recently it's DJ Sneak and Mark Farina.
Expect an emotional set for the Belfast boy will be playing tracks from the box belonging to his club land mentor and great friend, the late great Tony de Vit.