The Tom and Jerry series went into production with The Midnight Snack in 1941, and Hanna and Barbera rarely directed anything but the cat- and- mouse cartoons for the rest of their tenure at MGM.
What does TAJ stand for?
TAJ stands for Tom and Jerry (cartoon)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of TAJ
We have 8 other meanings of TAJ in our Acronym Attic
- Technical Air Intelligence Unit (WW2)
- Technical Aircraft Instrument Unit (US Navy)
- Test Access Interface Unit (Hekimian)
- Taiwanese Association in the United Kingdom
- Radio Transmitter (US Navy)
- Tajik (linguistics)
- Teaching Artist Journal (print quarterly; Taylor & Francis Group, LLC)
- Telemark Ski Association of Japan
- Temple Aviv Judea (Orange, CA)
- The Arabian Journal (band)
- Transactional Analysis Journal (International Transactional Analysis Association; est. 1970)
- Turkish Association of Jewellers
- The Australian Journal of Anthropology (Australian Anthropological Society)
- The Assistant Judge Advocate General
- Towards A Just Conclusion (book; UK)
- Texas Association of Journalism Educators
- The Amazing Joel Hockey Movement (musician)
- Texas Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators
- Total Approach Jeet Kune Do (martial arts; Bridgewater, NJ)
- Texas Association for Justice and Legal Reform
Samples in periodicals archive:
ISLAMABAD, February 20, 2010 (Balochistan Times): A series of animated theatrical shorts Tom and Jerry created by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera have turned 70 this year.
Matt Groening spoofed Tom and Jerry successfully into his politically and socially conscious 1989 hit cartoon series The Simpsons.