TUNIS (TAP) - Tunisia will take part, from May 5 to 6 in Marrakech, in the Fourth Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD IV) Follow-up Meeting and the preparatory meeting of the 5th TICAD Summit due next June 2013 in Japan.
What does TICAD stand for?
TICAD stands for Tokyo International Conference on African Development
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of TICAD
- Tenant-in-Common Residential Owner Occupied Fractional-Ownership (trademark of Fractional Equities, LLC)
- Tenant In Common Association
- Thailand Incentive and Convention Association
- The International Cat Association
- Thermal Insulation Contractors Association (UK)
- Timpanogos Cave National Monument (US National Park Service)
- Trade and Investment Cooperation Arrangement
- Turbine Inlet Cooling Association
- The International Coalition against Choice
- Technical Information Creation and Distribution (annual conference)
- The Industrial College of the Armed Forces
- Technology Information Center for Administrative Leadership
- TTY (Text Telephone) Information and Communication Access for Libraries (Maryland)
- Texas Instruments Calculator (website)
- Texas Institute for Computational and Applied Mathematics
- The International Coalition Against Prohibition
- Trusted Internet Connection Access Provider
- Tactical Interim CAMS And REMIS Reporting System
- Tameside Independent Counselling and Advice Service (UK)
- The Institute for College Access and Success
Samples in periodicals archive:
Fukuyama stated that the new administration of the Government of Japan would continue and strengthen the Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD) process and actively address issues faced by Africa.
Secretary General Kofi Annan, a native of Ghana, Aso said Japan will carry out the pledges it made at the 2008 Tokyo International Conference on African Development, including promises to double official develop assistance for Africa by 2012 and help double private-sector investment.
The ''Yokohama Declaration,'' to be adopted at the fourth Tokyo International Conference on African Development next May, will also call for measures to help accelerate economic growth, promote peace and prevent environmental degradation in the region, the sources said.
16 Kyodo The Foreign Ministry on Friday launched a secretariat to prepare for the Tokyo International Conference on African Development in Yokohama next May, Foreign Minister Masahiko Komura said.
Koizumi attached importance to a process set in motion by the Tokyo International Conference on African Development, first convened in 1993.
The president of the western African country, currently attending the third Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD) in the Japanese capital, said TICAD is a helpful process that promotes discussions on ways to support African development.
In a declaration adopted to wrap up a three-day summit in Tokyo, called the third Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD), they also pledged to support an African self-help initiative, called the New Partnership for Africa's Development.