Topics included everything relating to dialysis access -- tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) usage, access issues, and the future of dialysis access.
What does t-PA stand for?
t-PA stands for Tissue Plasminogen Activator
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 508 other meanings of t-PA in our Acronym Attic
- Tunnel-Multicast Open Shortest Path First
- Tactical Multi-Band Satellite Terminal
- Terminal Multiplexer
- Training Net (US DoD)
- Tricare Next Generation of Contracts
- threshold Number Needed to Treat (patients)
- Transitional Officer Development Plan (USAF)
- Transfer Out
- Tissue plasminogen activator activity and antigen
- tissue plasminogen activator and inhibitors
- Teacher-Parent Authorization Security System (iris recognition security system)
- Transmitting Portable Electronic Device
- Transforaminal Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Timing Porpoise Detector
- TOGA Program On Prediction
- Transition Probability Geostatistical Software (groundwater modeling systems)
- tissue concentration of prostate specific antigen
- Tilted Quadrature Amplitude Modulation
Samples in periodicals archive:
Tissue plasminogen activator and total cholesterol decreased, and high-density lipoprotein increased.
Most strokes result from clots, but only about 1 in 20 patients receives the sole clot-dissolving drug approved for treating stroke, tissue plasminogen activator (tPA).
9) Similarly, in a cost-effective analysis of thrombolytic therapy with tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA) compared to streptokinase, the authors conclude, "The cost-effectiveness of treatment with accelerated t-PA rather than streptokinase compares favorably with that of other therapies whose added medical benefit for dollars spent is judged by society to be worthwhile.