In calculating franchise value, future profits are adjusted for the time value of money as well as for the firm's survival probability--its ability to avoid extreme losses that would impair its profitability or survival.
What does TVM stand for?
TVM stands for Time Value of Money (business, finance, economics)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of TVM
We have 54 other meanings of TVM in our Acronym Attic
- Television Malawi
- Television Maldives
- Televiziune Moldova (Moldovan Television)
- Teneur en Viande Maigre (French: Lean Meat Content)
- Test Vending Machine
- Test Verification Matrix
- Thanks Very Much (logging abbreviation)
- Threat and Vulnerability Management
- Ticket Vending Machine
- Tijdschrift voor Multimedia (Dutch: Journal for Multimedia)
- Timetable Vending Machine
- Tiruvannamalai (India)
- Total Value Management
- Total Variation Minimization (imaging)
- Track Via Missile
- Tracteurs, Voitures, Motos des Années 1900 (French: Tractors, Cars, Bikes for Years 1900)
- Traffic Volume Measurements
- Trainer in Value Management (UK)
- Transaction Verification Module (Cadence)
- Transistor Voltmeter
Samples in periodicals archive:
Second, accelerate cash flows; given the time value of money, cash received earlier has a higher present value.
The after-tax time value of money is a favorable factor for postponing purchases.
Measuring the liabilities would take into account the time value of money, the effects of inflation, experience with similar activities, some expected advances in technology and other circumstances.
Time value of money and the 1984 legislation The Tax Court's holding that Ford's method did not clearly reflect income is rooted in the premise that the significant length of the time for the payout caused a distortion between the amount of the deduction and Ford's economic obligation.