He discusses the concepts behind triangulation, and quadratic position fixing methods including time difference of arrival, time of arrival, differential Doppler, and range difference methods.
What does TDOA stand for?
TDOA stands for Time Difference Of Arrival
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of TDOA
We have 10 other meanings of TDOA in our Acronym Attic
- Transverse Direction Orientation (plastics)
- Tropical Dance Orchestra
- Tylko Dla Orlow (Polish: Where Eagles Dare)
- Type Descriptor Object (Oracle Call Interface, 8.1)
- Typed Data Object (open source library)
- Typhoon Duty Officer
- Temporary Domestic Off-Site Assignment
- Tennessee Department of Agriculture
- Tennessee Division of Archaeology (Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation)
- Texas Department on Aging (est. 1981)
- Time or Direction Of Arrival
- Time Difference of Arrival by Differential Doppler
- Time Difference of Arrival with Differential Doppler (usually seen as TDOA/DD)
- Tallahassee Dog Obedience Club (Florida, USA)
- Tennessee Department of Correction
- Texas Department of Commerce
- Time Difference on Detection
- Time Dependent Ozone Depletion Potential
- Tennessee Department of Education (Nashville, TN)
- The Dance of Eternity (band)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It provides an independent GNSS timing source, within the firewall, for a variety of applications including: * Synchronization and timing of cellular and radio networks * Network fault detection systems * Time Difference of Arrival (TDOA) applications * Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems "The Acutime GG smart antenna builds on Trimble's experience with GPS smart antennas," said Karen Guldan, general manager of Trimble's Timing Business.
The system, based on the Time Difference Of Arrival (TDOA) multilateration principle processes signals emitted by air, ground and naval transmitters of all kinds including radars, jammers, SIF/IFF transponders and TACAN/DME interrogators.
GPS clocks and timing boards provide superior performance for precise timing applications such as maintaining Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) holdover specifications, Enhanced 911 (E911) location positioning using Time Difference of Arrival (TDOA), maximizing bandwidth for Wireless Local Loops (WLL), WiMax (wireless broadband connectivity) and broadcasting (DAB, DVB and VSAT).
The agreement will provide Cingular Wireless with TruePosition's network-based Uplink Time Difference of Arrival (U-TDOA) location technology throughout its nationwide network.
Lou Stilp, vice president and general manager of The Associated Group, invented and patented Time Difference of Arrival (TDOA) in 1994.
TruePosition's 144 patent relates to control channel Uplink Time Difference of Arrival (U-TDOA) wireless location technology.
Unlike other RFID RTLS technologies such as UHF, Zigbee and Wi-Fi, ultra wideband active tags emit a burst of extremely short pulses once a second which, when read and processed by a time difference of arrival (TDOA) algorithm, provides inches of accuracy in 2-D and multi-floor environments.