On private timberlands in California, owners must get herbicide use permission from the state by submitting a timber harvest plan that's similar to an environmental impact statement, said Mike Bacca, resource manager with CalFire, the agency that oversees private forestry practices.
What does THP stand for?
THP stands for Timber Harvest Plan
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of THP
We have 162 other meanings of THP in our Acronym Attic
- The Harman Press (printing company)
- The Heavy Pets (band)
- The History Press (Ireland and UK)
- The Hot Pepper (forum)
- The Housing Partnership (New Hampshire)
- The Hunger Project (New York, NY)
- Thermohydrogen Processing
- Three Hole Punch
- Thrust Horsepower (engine power rating)
- Tiempo Hasta la Progresion (Spanish: Time to Progression)
Samples in periodicals archive:
And, in 2004, the mega-lumber company MAXXAM paid $300,000 to finance a recall of the district attorney after he initiated a lawsuit against its subsidiary Pacific Lumber, alleging the company had submitted false data on timber harvest plans.
The study included 607 timber harvest plans (THPs) with a median acreage of 73 acres.
Thus, when the US Forest Service developed its overly ambitious timber harvest plans for Montana's National Forests in the 1980s, more than 80 percent of these roadless areas were found unsuitable for commercial timber harvest.