00 US Dollar) General information: Thyroxine is a hormone secreted by the thyroid gland.
What does T4 stand for?
T4 stands for Thyroxine (thyroid hormone)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of T4
We have 5 other meanings of T4 in our Acronym Attic
- The Way We Were
- Train-the-Trainer Workshop (international drug interdiction training; US State Department)
- Tactical Terminal Technology Working Group
- Thoracic White Rami 3 (nerve)
- T-carrier 4 (digital transmission line, 274.176 Mbps, 4032 voice channels)
- Teens and Teachers Teaming for Technology
- Tekken 4 (video game)
- Tekken Tag Team Tournament (video game)
- Terminator 4 (movie)
- Topological Space (mathematics; topology)
- Turbocharged 4 cylinder (Volvo)
- Tools for Technologically Enhanced Education
- Tea for Two
- temperature of 42.0 degrees C
- Tomoyo42's Room (web comic)
- 644 Voice Circuit Leased Line (DS3, AT&T Terminology)
- Human Breast Cancer Cells
- Train 48 (Canadian TV Show)
- Together for Adoption
Samples in periodicals archive:
Next, a quote: "However, no studies have been published which demonstrate that hypothyroid patients treated with thyroxine are euthyroid [healthy thyroid function] when their serum TSH is within the reference range or, as it is more commonly referred to 'the normal range.
In the other pregnancies, additional thyroxine was needed as pregnancy progressed.
A recent survey conducted in the region showed that 20% of patients were inappropriately advised to reduce the dose of thyroxine by health professionals, putting them at risk.
During leptin administration, energy expenditure, skeletal muscle work efficiency, sympathetic nervous system tone, and circulating concentrations of thyroxine and triiodothyronine returned to pre-weight-loss levels.
Reduced levels of thyroxine can produce tiredness, weight gain, hair loss, constipation, dry flaky skin and, rarely, heart problems.
She said: "After taking thyroxine for about two weeks, I felt happy and sparky and full of energy.
Treatment for hypothyroidism is relatively straightforward--supplemental thyroid hormone, typically thyroxine.