Before gene defects in the thyroid hormone receptor (TR) were recognized, patients with RTH were classified on clinical grounds alone into either generalized resistance (GRTH), pituitary resistance (PRTH) or combined.
What does THR stand for?
THR stands for Thyroid Hormone Receptor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of THR
We have 67 other meanings of THR in our Acronym Attic
- The Homeschooling Revolution (blog)
- The House of Representatives (US Congress)
- The Human Resource (various locations)
- Threonine (Amino Acid)
- Threshold Heart Rate
- Threshold Requirements
- Through-Hole Reflow
- Tobacco Harm Reduction (various organizations)
- Tolerable Hazard Rate
- Total Heat of Rejection (condenser capacity, refrigeration)
- Total Herd Reporting (cattle breeding)
- Total Hip Replacement
- Traditional Herbal Registration (UK)
- Training Heart Rate
- Transmit Holding Register
- Turn Hard Right (direction)
- Throttle Hold (aviation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
PBDE exposure can also affect binding to thyroid hormone receptors and transport proteins.
CHICAGO -- A new generation of oral selective thyroid hormone receptor agonists is showing promise for the treatment of dyslipidemia, obesity, and metabolic syndrome.
Thyroid anti-microsomal antibodies (also known as thyroid peroxidase antibodies or TPO antibodies) are increased in most (80-90%) patients with Graves disease, and thyroid hormone receptor antibodies (TRAbs) are increased in ~80% or more of patients (25, 28).
A detailed study now provides one of the most insightful assessments to date of how environmentally relevant levels of PBDEs may impair brain development by interfering with thyroid hormone receptor (TR)-mediated transcription [EHP 119(2):168-175; Ibhazehiebo et al.
RTH is mostly caused by mutations in the thyroid hormone receptor (TR) [beta] gene (6).