Decreased expression of six RNA species was seen at various time points in all cell strains analyzed: plasminogen activator (PLAT), centromere protein F (CPF), replication factor C (RFC3), thymidylate synthetase (TYMS), a putative mitotic checkpoint kinase (BUB1), and a gene of unknown function (GenBank accession no.
What does TYMS stand for?
TYMS stands for Thymidylate Synthetase
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of TYMS in our Acronym Attic
- Total Youth Ministry
- Traditional Youth Marching Band Association
- Traditional Youth Marching Bands Association (UK)
- Thought You Might Be Interested
- Teesside Yesteryear Motor Club (UK)
- Total Yeast and Mold Count (microbiology)
- Tie Your Mother Down (Foo Fighters song)
- Take Your Money Everywhere
- Thought You Might Like to Know
- Timeshare Incorporated Network
- The Youth Mentoring Trust (Parnell, Auckland, NZ)
- Toronto Youth Music Theatre Company
- Tylenol Murders (FBI codename)
- Turnip Yellow Mosaic Virus
- Taiyuan, China (Airport Code)
- Thimun Youth Network
- Tyndall AFB (Panama City, FL)
- Thought You'd Never Ask
- Tamil Youth Organization
- Tant qu'il Y aura des Ohms (International Student Short Film Festival; Cedex, France)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Because the enzyme, thymidylate synthetase, plays a crucial role in the DNA synthesis of rapidly growing cells, many anticancer agents are designed to block its activity, thereby inhibiting tumor growth.