Thymulin (formerly called serum thymic factor) is a nonapeptide hormone secreted by human thymic epithelial cells and is essential for T-cell differentiation.
What does TEC stand for?
TEC stands for Thymic Epithelial Cell
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TEC
We have 467 other meanings of TEC in our Acronym Attic
- Thermal Efficiency Construction
- Thermal Electric Control
- Thermal Engineering Corporation
- Thermal Expansion Coefficient
- Thermionic Energy Conversion
- Thermo-Electric Cooler
- Thermoelectric Cooling
- Threatened Ecological Community (Australia)
- Threshold Effects Concentration
- Threshold Exceeds Condition
- Thyroid Epithelial Cell
- Tibet Empowerment Circle (nonprofit NGO supporting education and empowerment for Tibetans)
- Tilganga Eye Centre (Nepal)
- Time-Domain Echo Cancellation
- Tivoli Enterprise Console
- Tokai Electronic(s) Company
- Topographic Engineering Center
- Toppan Editorial Communications (Japan)
- Tosei Electric Corporation (Japan)
- TOSS Exchange Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
In collaboration with the University of Edinburgh, UK, the Swiss research team with European colleagues isolated thymic epithelial cells (TECs)-taken from the thymus of a rat-and integrated them into the rat's skin cells with surprising results.