Aircelle is the sole systems manufacturer and integrator for engine nacelles on the A380, providing a state-of-the art system that includes the first use of an electrical thrust reverser actuation system (ETRAS) on commercial jetliners.
What does TRAS stand for?
TRAS stands for Thrust Reverser Actuation System (aviation)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TRAS
We have 10 other meanings of TRAS in our Acronym Attic
- The Ralph Allin Quartet (band)
- Transmission Risk Assessment Questionnaire (blood borne virus)
- Transportation Air Quality (EPA)
- Treatment Response to Antidepressant Questionnaire
- Tech Rep Activity Report
- Three Rivers Association of Realtors (Joliet, IL)
- Training Resource Allocation Display
- Training Report
- Training Squadron
- Temporary Registration Assessment Scheme (medical examination; Ireland)
- Training Requirements Analysis System
- Trans-Himalayan Aid Society (Canada; formerly Tibetan Refugee Aid Society)
- Transplant Renal Artery Stenosis (vascular complication)
- Trent Regional Arthroplasty Study (UK)
- Trouble Reporting and Accounting System
- Telecommunications Regulators Association of Southern Africa
- Three Rivers Advertising Specialty Association (Mars, PA)
- TRADOC Systems Analysis Activity
- Timber Recycling and Site Clearance Ltd. (Rhondda Cynon Taff, UK)
- Teens Rejecting Abusive Smoking Habits (Maryland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dowty has won contracts to supply the thrust reverser actuation systems on all four aircraft, representing new business with a value of up to pounds 125.
This AD would also require the installation of a thrust reverser actuation system (TRAS) lock, repetitive functional tests of that installation, and repair if necessary.