The effect of the thromboxane A2 synthesis inhibitor OKY- 046 on renal function in rabbits following release of unilateral ureteral obstruction.
What does TXA2 stand for?
TXA2 stands for Thromboxane A2
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- GB-Texas strain of Newcastle disease virus
- Transmitter Radio Link Protocol
- Transmitting Vector Quantizer
- Transmitter/Receiver (various companies)
- Texarkana (Amtrak station code; Texarkana, AR)
- Textiles and Apparel (various locations)
- Topps Xpectations Autographs (sports memorabilia)
- Tranexamic Acid
- Transfer X Into Accumulator (6502 processor instruction)
- Transfer X to A (computing)
- Transmit Antenna Array
- Texas Associational Directors of Missions Network (Austin, Texas)
- Texas Acting and Modeling Academy (Austin, TX)
- Texas Alliance for the Mentally Ill (Austin, TX)
- Texans for the Advancement of Medical Research (also seen as TAMR)
- Texas Air National Guard
- Texas Association for Play Therapy (also seen as TAPT)
- Texas Army National Guard
- Texas Association of Rail Passengers
- Thromboxane A2 Synthase (protein)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The basis of the concern about omega-6 fatty acids is that linoleic acid (the major omega-3 fatty acid in the diet) is converted in part to arachidonic acid, which is a precursor for pro-inflammatory eicosanoids such as prostaglandin E2, leukotriene B4, and thromboxane A2.
Increased synthesis of thromboxane A2 and expression of procoagulant activity by monocytes in response to arachidonic acid in diabetes mllitus.
The reason is that by selectively blocking the cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) enzyme, an imbalance is created that results in increased amounts of thromboxane A2 and leukotriene B4 being produced.
11) These collagen fibrils not only provide a surface for platelet adhesion, but also serve as a strong stimulus for platelet activation, which includes secretion of thromboxane A2 and ADP into the circulation.
3) Aspirin and clopidogrel represent current standard antiplatelet agents blocking platelet cyclooxygenase-1 and thromboxane A2.
COX-2 inhibitors suppress endothelial production of prostacyclin, leaving prothrombotic platelet thromboxane A2 mediated by COX-1 relatively unopposed.
It reduces the formation of an inflammatory messaging molecule known as thromboxane A2 as well.