JAK2 V617F activates a tyrosine kinase of the erythropoietin and thrombopoietin receptors that transform hematopoietic precursors.
What does THPO stand for?
THPO stands for Thrombopoietin
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of THPO
We have 3 other meanings of THPO in our Acronym Attic
- Thakur Hari Prasad Institute (India)
- The Highlands Predictive Index (Highlands Consulting Group)
- The Humanist Party of India (political party)
- Tony Hoffman Productions, Inc. (Newbury Park, CA)
- Trivago Hotel Price Index
- Thompson Home Public Library (Michigan)
- Texas Highway Patrol Association and Museum (also seen as THPA)
- Tonic Heat Pain Model
- Total Health Perfection Now (Upper Falls, WV)
- Total Health Performance Nutrition
- Tribal Historic Preservation Officer
- Tris-hydroxymethylphosphine oxide
- Texas Hispanic Peace Officers Association
- Tung Hup Palm Oil Mill Sdn Bhd
- Thyreotoxic Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis (internal medicine)
- Transitional Housing Placement Program
- Total Hepatic Parenchymal Ratio
- Total Hip Prosthesis Replacement
- Tualatin Hills Park and Recreation District (Beaverton, Oregon)
- Tetrakis Hydroxymethyl Phosphonium Sulfate (water treatment)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Antibodies against thrombopoietin have been described to cause this disorder (13), as have antibodies against the TPO receptor, the c-mpl (3), (14).
The availability of eltrombopag and romiplostim (AMG-531, Nplate), another new thrombopoietin receptor agonist, represents "a huge change" in thinking about ITP and will greatly benefit patients, according to Dr.
ET, the AABB presents an audioconference on "The Impact of Thrombopoietin (TPO) Agonists on Platelet Transfusion.
Topics include maintenance of quiescent hematopoietic stem cells in the osteoblastic niche, NUP98 dysregulation in myeloid leukemogenesis, the role of thrombopoietin in mast cell differentiation, and the effect of FLT3 inhibition on normal hematopoietic progenitor cells.
Thrombopoietin Thrombopoietin is a molecule that is produced in the liver at a constant steady state.