Calretinin, Thrombomodulin, CEA, and CD15: A useful combination of immunohistochemical markers for differentiating pleural epithelioid mesothelioma from peripheral pulmonary adenocarcinoma.
What does THBD stand for?
THBD stands for Thrombomodulin
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Tommy Hutton Baseball Academy (Jupiter, FL)
- Topeka Home Builders Association
- This Has Been a Public Service Announcement
- Torey Hayden Bulletin Board
- Temple Hill Baptist Church (various locations)
- The Heritage Blues Company (band)
- Todd Hess Building Company (Portland, OR)
- Transient Hydrogen Bonded Chain
- Tweed Heads Bowls Club (Australia)
- Twinbrook Hills Baptist Church (Hamilton, OH)
- The Home Brew Forum (online beer making forum)
- Tiny House Big Far
- Tom Howley Bespoke Furniture (UK)
- Total Hepatic Blood Flow
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden (Boylston, MA)
- Texas Healthcare and Bioscience Institute
- Thyroid-Hormone Binding Inhibitor (microbiology)
- Total Heart Beat Index (physical medicine)
- Traumatic Head and Brain Injury
- Thomas Hackney Braswell Library (Rocky Mount, NC)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It licensed the ART-123 (recombinant thrombomodulin alpha, marketed as Recomodulin in Japan) from Asahi Kasei Pharma, and conducted a global Phase IIb clinical trial for ART-123 for the treatment of DIC in sepsis, which was completed in 2010.
The best immunohistochemical markers for differentiating epithelial malignant mesotheliomas from papillary serous carcinomas are calretinin, thrombomodulin and keratin 5/6 positivity.
Inefficient coagulation inhibitory pathways involving endothelial proteins such as thrombomodulin and tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) result in increase of thrombosis, although porcine endothelium exposed to human blood have somewhat similar mechanism compared to that of human endothelium exposed to human blood (Pierson et al.
In in vitro models, elevated homocysteine levels induced a hypercoagulable state by reducing thrombomodulin level, protein C activity and heparin sulfate level, as well as inhibiting the binding of tissue plasminogen activators to endothelial cells (10-13).
The APAs constitute a heterogeneous group of autoantibodies directed against a multitude of antigens ([beta]2GPI, prothrombin, protein C, protein S, annexin V, thrombomodulin, factor XII, and others).
One year later the people taking no supplements had significantly increased von Willebrand factor and soluble thrombomodulin (P < 0.
Thrombomodulin is a marker that is expressed by most urothelial carcinomas; however, it lacks specificity and therefore should not be used alone as confirmatory evidence for urothelial differentiation.