This will make him the first person to stand on the continental summits and all three poles in a calendar year - though he started his challenge last December it is measured from his leaving the South pole on January 1.
What does 3P stand for?
3P stands for Three Poles
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of 3P
We have 3 other meanings of 3P in our Acronym Attic
- On Top, On Target, On Time
- Optimal Variable Stride Trie of Height 3
- Pedigree, Progeny and Performance (animal breeding)
- People, Process, Product
- Persistent, Purposeless Proliferation (neoplasm)
- Pre-Fragmented Programmable Proximity Fuzed Round
- Proven, Probable, Possible (oil industry classification)
- Third Party (procurement, architecture, integration)
- Third Player
- Three Pointer (basketball)
- Triple Play (television, telephone, internet access)
- Programmed-Proximity Prefragmented High-Velocity Explosive
- Third-Party Connect (telephone product)
- Third-Party Connect Protocol
- Three Phase Commit
- Third Party Call Control
- Third Party Content Hosting
- Third Party Debt Management
- Three Pole, Double Throw (switch)
- Three-Photon Excitation
Samples in periodicals archive:
If he is successful, he will be the first person to have stood on all three poles - Everest is counted as the third pole - in the same calendar year.
Hayes's Three Poles Challenge has also been to raise awareness and money for the Children's Hope Foundation and Friends of Cancer Patients charities.
The ring-like roof is supported by clusters of slanting tripods, comprising three poles (each 70mm in diameter) placed around the inner and outer perimeter rings, augmented by five intermediate clusters that halve the intermediate span.
Patrick did post three poles in her rookie campaign and the racing world is waiting for her to win a race.
Byline: By Stephen Hallmark THE city council has pledged to move three poles put up by its contractors on a Coventry pavement.
You will need three poles 12-14 feet long and five inches in diameter of a good, strong wood -- hickory, ash or oak.