331-339) "Here", of course, is the austere, ungiving waste land Thomas Stearns Eliot defines, describes, and inhabits in the intricate, searing landmark poem written in Switzerland in 1921.
What does TSE stand for?
TSE stands for Thomas Stearns Eliot (poet, critic, editor; 1888-1965)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of TSE
We have 268 other meanings of TSE in our Acronym Attic
- Test Sequence Error
- Test Systems Engineering
- Testicular Self-Examination (for cancer)
- Texas Southeastern Railroad Company
- Thayer School of Engineering (Dartmouth College)
- The Satellite Encyclopedia (Tag's Broadcasting Services)
- The Second Encounter (video game)
- The Silent Elite (gaming)
- The Sofia Echo (Bulgaria English Language Newspaper)
- The Special Event (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nobel prize winning poet with little enthusiasm for the modern world THOMAS Stearns Eliot was born in Missouri on September 26, 1888, and became perhaps one of the most distinguished of the 20th Century's poets and critics.
1888: Birth of poet and playwright, T S Eliot: One of the most distinguished literary figures of the 20th century, Thomas Stearns Eliot was born in Saint Louis, Missouri.