In Ireland, '3' is the new brand name of Huchison Whampoa's 3G operations - the third generation mobile system which offers high speed data delivery.
What does 3GMS stand for?
3GMS stands for Third Generation Mobile System(s)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Watchouse/Counter Duty (police incident code; New Zealand)
- Third Generation Automatic Link Establishment (amateur radio)
- Third Generation-Traffic Management Protocol (amateur radio)
- Third-Generation, 144kbps Wireless Technology
- Wadsworth Municipal Airport (Wadsworth, Ohio; Airport Code)
- Three Guineas Fund
- 3rd Generation Internet Appliance
- Third-Generation Input/Output (now called PCI Express)
- Third Generation Internet Protocol
- Third Generation Language
- 3rd Generation Operator (3GPP)
- Third Generation Platform (mobile device file format)
- 3rd Generation Partnership Project
- Third Generation Partnership Program (telecommunications)
- 3rd Generation Partnership Project 2
- Third Gear
- Third Generation Radio Transmission Technology
- Third Generation GSM (Groupe Spéciale Mobile) Services
- 3rd Generation Service Provider (cellular network operator/provider of 3G service)
- Third Generation (Video) Surveillance System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Not just because of the number of connections needed, but also because large files or multimedia calls will need even higher bandwidth than third generation mobile systems promise," says Marti Franck, senior technical advisor, Nortel Networks.