In Ireland, '3' is the new brand name of Huchison Whampoa's 3G operations - the third generation mobile system which offers high speed data delivery.
What does 3GMS stand for?
3GMS stands for Third Generation Mobile System(s)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Watchouse/Counter Duty (police incident code; New Zealand)
- Third Generation Automatic Link Establishment (amateur radio)
- Third Generation-Traffic Management Protocol (amateur radio)
- Third-Generation, 144kbps Wireless Technology
- Wadsworth Municipal Airport (Wadsworth, Ohio; Airport Code)
- Three Guineas Fund
- 3rd Generation Internet Appliance
- Third-Generation Input/Output (now called PCI Express)
- Third Generation Internet Protocol
- Third Generation Language
- 3rd Generation Operator (3GPP)
- Third Generation Platform (mobile device file format)
- 3rd Generation Partnership Project
- Third Generation Partnership Program (telecommunications)
- 3rd Generation Partnership Project 2
- Third Gear
- Third Generation Radio Transmission Technology
- Third Generation GSM (Groupe Spéciale Mobile) Services
- 3rd Generation Service Provider (cellular network operator/provider of 3G service)
- Third Generation (Video) Surveillance System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Not just because of the number of connections needed, but also because large files or multimedia calls will need even higher bandwidth than third generation mobile systems promise," says Marti Franck, senior technical advisor, Nortel Networks.
Ericsson Mobile Platforms offers one of the fastest routes for manufacturers to launch new General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) and Third Generation Mobile System (3G) products with limited research and development (R&D), and other resources, allowing manufacturers to focus on areas of product differentiation, including applications, industrial design, distribution and branding.
It is important to already be in place as a global player when the introduction of third generation mobile systems catches on all over the world," says Karin Werhagen, newly appointed MD of Cell Telecom Ltd.
GPRS technology constitutes an important step towards third generation mobile systems and mobile Internet.
Not just because of the number of connections needed, but also because large files or multimedia calls will need even higher bandwidth than third generation mobile systems promise," says Marti Franck, Senior Technical Advisor, Nortel Networks.
GPRS technology increases the speed of data transfer on mobile networks, and constitutes a major step towards third generation mobile systems and mobile Internet.