Figgins could be part of a package to land White Sox third baseman Joe Crede, who is arbitration eligible after this season and is in the middle of a breakout season after a standout postseason.
What does 3B stand for?
3B stands for Third Baseman (baseball)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of 3B
We have 1 other meaning of 3B in our Acronym Attic
- Third Amendment
- Information Management Specialist (USAF)
- Three Axis Acoustic Levitator
- 3 Angels Broadcasting Network (Christian TV and radio network)
- Three Angels Broadcasting Network
- 3A Central Control
- Third Armored Division
- Beat (police incident code; New Zealand)
- Bharat Book Bureau (market research; India)
- Triple (baseball)
- Three Binary bits, Two Ternary symbols
- 3-Base Hit (baseball)
- Triple Bottom Line (People, Planet, Profit)
- Third Bearing Support
- Three Bearing Swivel Duct
- 3 Bearing Swivel Module (Joint Strike Fighter)
- Carbon and Ceramic Company (conductive textiles; Vucht, Netherlands)
- Chromosome Conformation Capture (molecular biology)
- Company, Customers, Competitors (marketing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
If the ball is drifting down the third-base line and the third baseman has the angle, he should call off the pitcher and the catcher.
Freshman third baseman Breanne Lookabill scored the game's first run in the third on a brazen baserunning play.
With the third baseman cheating in and the second baseman cheating over, a good run-and-bunt game can play cat and mouse with them forcing them to decide between covering the ball or the bag.
The Giants got to him for two earned runs, but the first one clearly was the result of a questionable single by Todd Greene that rookie third baseman Willy Aybar should have fielded for an inning-ending double play in the fifth.
THIRD BASEMAN The third baseman must play as deep as the situation or personnel allows.
Option 2: Coach A rolls ball to charging third baseman who throws to second baseman covering first, who returns ball to Coach A shagger.