Leaves have been surface sterilized and treated with a wide range of combinations of growth regulators (BA, Thidiazuron, NAA, IBA, 2,4-D) on several different media (MS, Chu N6, WPM, DKW).
What does TDZ stand for?
TDZ stands for Thidiazuron (plant growth induction)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TDZ
We have 9 other meanings of TDZ in our Acronym Attic
- Tamworth District Youth Forum (UK)
- Tata Dividend Yield Fund
- Trincomalee District Young Men's Hindu Association (Sri Lanka)
- Tyneside Deaf Youth Project (UK)
- Team Daiwa Z (fishing reel)
- Technology Development Zone (various locations)
- Temperature Danger Zone (food safety)
- The Dead Zone (movie)
- The Directory Zone
- Torpedo Danger Zone
- Total Danger Zone
- Touchdown Zone
- Tsunami Disaster Zone
- Tvornica Duhana Zagreb (Croatian tobacco factory)
- Trade Development Zone Authority (Australia)
- Touchdown Zone Elevation
- Taenaria Derivia Zallus Kitara (game)
- Touchdown Zone Lights (aviation; runway lighting)
- Expiratory Time (medicine)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In pigeonpea, a few protocols on regeneration are reported (Eapen and George, 1993; Somatic embryogenesis was induced from mature cotyledon explants of two pigeonpea genotypes cultured on MS medium supplemented with different concentrations of 2, 4-D and Thidiazuron (TDZ).
Reid, and co-researchers have shown that spraying low concentrations of a commercially available compound known as thidiazuron (TDZ), short for N-phenyl-N'-(1,2,3-thiadiazol-5-yl)urea, has what Jiang describes as "significant, sometimes spectacular, effects" in extending the life of potted plants' leaves and flowers.
Effects of thidiazuron and N6-benzylamino-purine on shoot regeneration of Phalaenopsis.
Bayer CropScience currently uses ISP's patented delivery system technology in the company's Ginstar[R] EC cotton defoliant, which contains the active ingredients thidiazuron and diuron.
Effects of thidiazuron and CPPU on meristem formation and shoot proliferation.