[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] PolyOne GLS created a translucent, colourable material that gives the required energy return performance and bonds to three types of substrate in the shoe: a thermoplastic urethane, an ethylene-vinyl acetate/polyethylene foam, and a thermoset rubber.
What does TPU stand for?
TPU stands for Thermoplastic Urethane
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TPU
We have 66 other meanings of TPU in our Acronym Attic
- Tape Preparation Unit
- Target Power Uprate (nuclear)
- Task Preparation Unit
- Taxe Professionnelle Unique (French: Single Professional Tax)
- Teenage Pregnancy Unit
- Teikyo Post University (Connecticut)
- Tenants Participation Unit
- Tensor Processing Unit (neural networks; Google)
- Text Processing Utility (computer programming language; Digital Equipment Corporation)
- Thermoplastic Polyurethane
- Time Processing Unit
- Timer Power Unit (explosive devices)
- Tomsk Polytechnic University (Russia)
- Toroidal Power Unit (electrical power device)
- Torpedo Propulsion Upgrade
- Total Propagated Uncertainty
- Trailer Parts Unlimited (Huntsville, TX)
- Trained, Needs Practice, Untrained (US Army)
- Transient Personnel Unit
- Transparency Profile Unit (color management scanning terminology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
They were developed specifically to help products made of polyester, polypropylene (PP), and thermoplastic urethane (TPU) meet flammability standards for applications in extruded and injection-molded articles.
Thermoplastic urethane (TPU) was the most obvious and well known replacement material for the roller industry.
The affected Bayer employees are expected to transfer to other departments at the New Martinsville location, where thermoplastic urethanes, polyurethanessions, and polyurethane raw materials are also manufactured.
The machines can accommodate polypropylene, polyester, nylon, acrylics, PVC and thermoplastic urethanes that are constructed as wovens, nonwovens, films, knits and laminates.
Write In 191 or Reply Online Thermoplastic Ducting Ultraflex TPU is constructed of a helical wire reinforced thermoplastic urethane that offers excellent abrasion resistance for material handling applications.
Thermoplastic urethane is a prime choice for such demanding applications, says Putnam.