It added that only a fraction of the workforce at the Thermal Oxide Reprocessing Plant (Thorp) at Sellafield, Cumbria, will stay during the clean-out phase before the works is decommissioned.
What does TOX stand for?
TOX stands for Thermal Oxide
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TOX
We have 2 other meanings of TOX in our Acronym Attic
- Township Of Washington Public Library (Westwood, NJ)
- Tube-Launched, Optically Tracked Wire-Guided missile Protective Shelters
- Tactical Oceanographic Warfare Support program
- Take Off Warning System (aviation)
- Threats, Opportunities, Weakness, and Strengths (usually seen as SWOT)
- TIROS Operational Vertical Sounder
- Train Operation Warning System (railways)
- Two One-Way Tickets to Broadway Productions (Edmonton, Canada)
- Tales of Xillia (video game)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Thermal Oxide Reprocessing Plant (Thorp) at Sellafield in Cumbria, which employs around 800 workers, is to close in 2018 after current contracts are completed, it was confirmed yesterday.
Some specific subjects examined include high-temperature service experience and failure analysis of heat-resistant stainless steels, scale deformation and failure in hot rolling, mechanical adhesion and pickling behavior of thermal oxide scales on hot-rolled low carbon steel strips, and fireside corrosion of austenitic tube materials for advanced USC alloys.
No one was injured and no radioactive material escaped into the atmosphere after the leak at the Thermal Oxide Reprocessing Plant (Thorp) part of the site.
No-one was hurt and no radioactive material escaped into the atmosphere after the leak at the Thermal Oxide Reprocessing Plant (Thorp) part of the site.
Work was halted at the site's thermal oxide reprocessing plant (Thorp) in April after the discovery of discharge from a pipe.