The CC's findings specify that the acquisition of GV Instruments would significantly affect the markets for gas IRMS and thermal ionization mass spectrometry (TIMS) instruments.
What does TIMS stand for?
TIMS stands for Thermal Ionization Mass Spectrometry
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TIMS
We have 91 other meanings of TIMS in our Acronym Attic
- Tesco Internet Management System
- Test Information Management System
- Test Interactive Management System
- Texas Information Management System
- Text Information Management System
- TFCC Information Management System
- The Institute of Management Sciences
- The International Molinological Society
- Thermal Infrared Mapping Spectrometer
- Thermal Infrared Multispectral Scanner
- Toolroom Inventory Management System
- TOSS Information Management System
- Trade Information Management System (customs IT systems)
- Traffic and Incident Management System (various locations)
- Train Integrated Management System
- Training Information Management System
- Training Integration Management System (US DoD)
- Transmission Impairment Measurement Set (telecommunications)
- Transmission Impairment Measurement System
- Transmission Impairment Measuring Set
Samples in periodicals archive:
They analyzed lead concentrations using high-resolution inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry to make preliminary isotopic measurements, followed by thermal ionization mass spectrometry measurements.
The use of this method is likely to become more widespread as a result of the development of the Negative Thermal Ionization Mass Spectrometry developed in the 1990s.