In addition, he pored over daytime and night-time infrared and visual images from the Thermal Emission Imaging System (THEMIS) camera on Mars Odyssey orbiter.
What does THEMIS stand for?
THEMIS stands for Thermal Emission Imaging System (Mars Odyssey Mission)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of THEMIS
We have 1 other meaning of THEMIS in our Acronym Attic
- Totally Hidden Extreme Magic (TV show)
- Town Hall Electronic Meeting
- Terrestrial Hardware Engineered for the Microgravity Environment
- The Hydrogen Economy Miami Energy (conference; Miami Beach, FL)
- Thematic Meetings on Signal Processing (IEEE workshop)
- Thematic Network on Safety Assessment of Waterborne Transport (shipping safety standards; EU)
- Time-Harmonic Electromagnetic Field
- Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Tourism Education and Training
- Télescope Héliographique pour l'Etude du Magnétisme et des Instabilités Solaires (French)
- Thematic Network in Optimising the Management of Intermodal Transport Services (rail transport)
- Time History of Events and Macroscale Interactions During Substorms (NASA satellite)
- Tracking Humans for the Evaluation of their Motion in Image Sequences (International Workshop)
- Tricare Help E-Mail Service (US military)
- Technology, Humanities, Education and Narrative (journal)
- Texas Higher Education Network (est. 1986; Austin, TX; also seen as THE)
- The Heritage Education Network (Center for Historic Preservation; Murfreesboro, TN)
- The History Education Network (Canada)
- The Home Education Network (UK)
- Texas Higher Education Network
- Temple Health Empowerment Office (Philadelphia, PA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Another instrument, the thermal emission imaging system (THEMIS), is a combination camera and thermal infrared spectrometer.
To piece together images covering more than 270 kilometers of this channel, the team relied on high-resolution pictures from three cameras-the Thermal Emission Imaging System (THEMIS), the Context Imager (CTX) and the High/Super Resolution Stereo Color (HRSC) imager-as well as earlier data from the Mars Orbiter Laser Altimeter (MOLA).
HEMIS is the Thermal Emission Imaging System, a multiband infrared and visual camera designed at ASU by Dr.