Describing Rice's created vampire mythology in The Vampire Lestat and The Queen of the Damned, which creates a fictitious gloss on the religions of ancient Egypt, Greece, and Britain, she states that "Vampire history is connected to ancient pagan religions, clearly distinguished from the Christian world," which results in a "relativistic worldview" for the vampires themselves (43).
What does TVL stand for?
TVL stands for The Vampire Lestat (Anne Rice)
This definition appears somewhat frequently
See other definitions of TVL
We have 37 other meanings of TVL in our Acronym Attic
- Total Vegetation Killer (lawn herbicides)
- Toutes Voiles Kerhorres (French sailing event)
- Trévelo & Viger-Kohler (French architecture firm)
- Tennessee Valley Kennel Club
- Trent Valley Kart Club (UK)
- Turkse Vrouwen Komitee Utrecht (Turkish Women's Foundation Utrecht; The Netherlands)
- South Lake Tahoe, CA, USA - Lake Tahoe (Airport Code)
- Tees Valley Leisure (UK)
- Tenth-Value Layer
- Terminal Video Listing, Inc. (BC, Canada)
- Total Value Locked (finance metric)
- Tours Val de Loire (French basketball team)
- Training Visibility Ledger
- Travaux de La Vallée de La Lys (French: Work of the Lys Valley; construction company)
- TV Land (television station)
- TV Lines (resolution)
- Television Licensing Agency (UK)
- Television Licensing Authority (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Vampire Ball is hosted by the Vampire Lestat Fan club and encourages creative costumes while the Louisiana State Museum Friends of the Cabildo will lead Ghostly Gallivant, a tour through the French Quarter on Oct.
While her novels in the 1990s, such as Memnoch the Devil and Servant of the Bones, more explicitly dealt with religion, even earlier books like Interview with the Vampire and The Vampire Lestat "were saturated with the question: How do we live in this world if we can't be with God?
Queen of the Damned 8 pm Sky Movies 1 The vampire Lestat arises from a century-long slumber and promptly launches himself into the public eye by embarking on a career as a rock musician, blissfully ignorant of the terrifying evil his actions will unleash.
But Townsend, who played the vampire Lestat in the 2002 horror movie Queen of the Damned, has proved that Charlize can still be bitten by love.
Sir Elton, 56, decided to base himself in New York after agreeing to pen the Broadway musical The Vampire Lestat with songwriting pal Bernie Taupin.
He decided to set up a home in the city after recently announcing he is writing a Broadway musical entitled The Vampire Lestat, with Bernie Taupin.
He decided to set up a home in the city after recently announcing that he is writing a new Broadway musical with Bernie Taupin,entitled The Vampire Lestat.