The pair were linked in 1974 after she recorded a cover of his song The Man Who Sold the World and she confirmed their brief affair in her 2002 autobiography.
What does TMWSTW stand for?
TMWSTW stands for The Man Who Sold the World (David Bowie song)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Todmorden Mills Wildflower Preserve (Canada)
- Tom McCall Waterfront Park (Portland, OR)
- Too Many White People
- Thumb Michigan Writers Quill (periodical)
- Tax Management Weekly Report (Bureau of National Affairs, Inc.)
- Truckee Meadows Water Reclamation Facility (Reno, NV)
- This Morning, with Richard Not Judy (UK TV show)
- Target Materials Work Station
- The Maniacs Weekly Show (radio program)
- The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday (Phish song)
- Texoma Mobile Window Tinting (Durant, OK)
- The Man Woman Thing
- Toyoda Machine Works Thailand
- The Man with the Golden Gun (James Bond Movie)
- Track Maintenance Work Tracking System
- The Man Who Was Thursday (G.K. Chesterton novel)
- Tandem Mirror Experiment
- Time Management System
- TrackMania Exchange (racing track website)
- Translation Memory eXchange
Samples in periodicals archive:
Semon The Man Who Sold the World will get the star treatment from a local woman who's falling out of her corset when Incomparable Chanteuse Extraordinaire Niki Luparelli sets out to wham, bam (thank you ma'am) through the David Bowie songbook.
THE MAN WHO SOLD THE WORLD Arsenal boss Wenger has cashed in a wealth of world-class talent SPOT ON Yesterday's back page is the real deal FIRST AGAIN Mirror lead the way on July 19 RST AGAIN FIRST Mirror lead the way on July 19 we around RED VAN MAN ON WAY TO UNIT GET ME OUTTA HERE Van Persie was clearly unhappy on Arsenal's pre-season tour of Germany
FORGET the man who sold the world, This World tells the story of the man who successfully conned the world.
As William Kleinknecht makes plain in his clear-eyed jeremiad, The Man Who Sold the World, this desperate, threadbare fiction is one among many fallacies attached to the myth of Reagan's presidential greatness.
The Man Who Sold the World William Kleinknecht Nation Books c/o Perseus Books Group 387 Park Avenue South, NY, NY 10016 www.
When we walked into his flat, the first thing I saw was picture of the cover of The Man Who Sold the World, and further down the stairs there was a picture of Eno in his Roxy Music days.