She combines three general approaches in her analysis: examination of the historical development of the Latin Americanist discourse (the sum of writings that have attempted to define Latin American culture, identity, and reality, often by way of reference to Europe); biographical accounts of Carpentier and Cortazar as situated historically in relation to the Latin Americanist discourse and in relation to how they formulated their poetics in relation to this discourse; and exegetical analysis of their writings that addresses how they implement this Latin Americanist project of poetics in literary practice.
What does TLA stand for?
TLA stands for The Latin Americanist (journal; Southeastern Council of Latin American Studies)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TLA
We have 193 other meanings of TLA in our Acronym Attic
- Terminate and Leave Activated
- Termination Liability Agreement
- Territorial Local Authorities (New Zealand)
- Texas Library Association
- Text-Link-Ads (Internet advertising)
- The Language Academy (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- The Language Artist (blog)
- The Last Airbender (movie and TV series)
- The Last Alliance
- The Last Ambassadors (band)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Current issues: The Latin Americanist Research Resources Project: A new direction for monographic cooperation?
Bakewell is a recognized authority among the Latin Americanist academic community.