As 2012 progresses, the region is further strengthening its economic foundation by welcoming The Jackson Laboratory to Farmington, welcoming a new director of development services to the City of Hartford and executing on Governor Malloy's mission to build and nurture an innovation ecosystem across the State.
What does JAX stand for?
JAX stands for The Jackson Laboratory (Genetics research, Bar Harbor, Maine, USA)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of JAX
We have 1 other meaning of JAX in our Acronym Attic
- Judge Advocate Warfighting System
- Juneau Airport Wind System
- Just Another Windows Shell
- Japanese Akita Welfare Trust (dog rescue; Westbury on Severn, England, UK)
- Johannesburg Area Wireless User Group (South Africa)
- Journal of the American Water Works Association
- Join Airways
- Jacksonville (Amtrak station code; Jacksonville, FL)
- Jacksonville, FL, USA - Jacksonville International Airport (Airport Code)
- Java API for XML
- Java Api for Xml-Based Remote Procedure Call
- Java API (Application Programming Interface) for Restful Web Services
- Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (also seen as AXA)
- Java API (Application Programming Interface) for XML (Extensible Markup Language) Binding
- Java API for XML Databasing
- Java Application Programming Interface for eXtensible Markup Language Graphics
- Jacksonville Golf & Country Club (also seen as JGCC; Florida)
- Java API for XML Messaging (Java, XML, WSDL)
- Java API for XML Parsing
- Java API for XML Processing (Sun Microsystems)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The study was led by three different US institutions, namely the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor and the Jackson Laboratory in Bar Harbor, Maine.
Since the new lancet's appearance a few months ago, Joe Gile of the Jackson Laboratory in Bar Harbor, Maine, a major labrodent center, has been teaching other scientists to use the device.
NIEHS scientific director Lutz Birnbaumer recently suggested that we seek to establish the NIEHS as a "campus of learning," somewhat in the model of Cold Spring Harbor or the Jackson Laboratory, whereby we would offer continuing education and training in environmental health sciences through programs such as summer fellowships, short courses, and longer sabbatical opportunities.
Churchill of the Jackson Laboratory in Bar Harbor, Maine, coauthored a 2003 report showing that differences in susceptibility of mice to gallstone formation correlate with variations in FXR.