Scottish multi-instrumentalist, musician, singer, songwriter and master Celtic storyteller Robin Williamson made his name as a member of the Incredible String Band between 1966 and 1974, during which time they were one of the most popular and influential groups of the era.
What does TISB stand for?
TISB stands for The Incredible String Band (folk band; UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of TISB
We have 4 other meanings of TISB in our Acronym Attic
- Truth in Savings Act of 1991
- Total Ionic Strength Adjustment Buffer
- Triangle Independent School Athletic Conference (high school athletics; North Carolina)
- Treasury Information System Architecture Framework
- Tactical Instrument Steep Approach and Landing
- Take It Seriously: Abstinence & Media (Washington Department of Health education project)
- Troop Issue Support Agency Management Information System
- Third International Symposium on Artificial Recharge (Amsterdam, 1998)
- Takaful Ikhlas Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysian insurance company)
- Technical Information Services Branch (NOAA)
- The International School Bangalore (Bangalore, India)
- Trust in Small Business (Alexandria, VA)
- Telecommunications Information Systems Benchmarking Association
- The International Singing Brakeman Association (Meridian, MS)
- Technology Integration Steering Committee
- Tertiary Institutions Service Centre
- The Iceland Submarine Cable
- The Internet Security Conference
- Theater Information Systems Command
- Thorney Island Sailing Club (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A reopening concert to test the effectiveness of the sound proofing took place on April 17, with a performance from Robyn Hitchcock, supported by Mike Heron of The Incredible String Band.
The West Country's Yetties remain one of England's most popular folk bands, and though the Incredible String Band is now disbanded except for the occasional concert, Robin Williamson and Mike Heron are still performing individually.
Strangely Strange, The Incredible String Band and Pentangle, but more importantly, it spurs me on to make as much music as possible.
Scottish blues supremo White shares the bill with Heron, the founding member of the Incredible String Band at a special gig on Friday.