Byline: GORDONBARR THE Importance of Being Earnest is at the Customs House South Shields from this Thursday to Saturday.
What does TIOBE stand for?
TIOBE stands for The Importance of Being Earnest (play)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Transfer in Order
- Tropical Intraseasonal Oscillation
- Turn It Off
- Titanium Dioxide (chemistry)
- Timed Input/Output Automata
- Turn It on Again (Genesis)
- Turn It Off and Back on Again (technical support)
- Tactical Installation Order-Of-Battle
- Tanzania Institute of Bankers
- This Is Our Battlefield (band)
- Thompson Island Outward Bound Education Center
- Terminal Input Output Controller (interface)
- Transportation Information Operations Center
- Triumph International Owners Club
- Total Iodide Organification Defect (thyroid)
- Test In Other Environment
- Tonga Institute of Education (est. 1972; Nuku'alofa, Tonga)
- Texas Industries of the Future (University of Texas at Austin)
- The International Osprey Foundation (wildlife)
- The IO Foundation (digital rights; various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Pantaloons theatre company is bringing its fast-paced, physical and very funny production of The Importance of Being Earnest to the Liverpool National Trust property as part of a tour of open-air venues around the country.
Presented by Birmingham Repertory Company, Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest and Tom Stoppard's Travesties are a double bill with the same actors taking roles in both plays.
The Importance of Being Earnest revolves around mistaken identity, both deliberate and unintentional.
The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde Currently at the Ahmanson Theatre, Los Angeles, through March 5 Brooklyn Academy of Music, New York City, April 78-May 74 The sublime comedy that marked both the pinnacle and the destruction of Oscar Wilde's career returns in a new production from Sir Peter Hall with Lynn Redgrave as Lady Bracknell.
I must stress the importance of being earnest in this matter, as I myself am an admirer of said Oscar, who was in fact, first and foremost, a classical scholar.
Byline: June Hawdon What: The Importance of Being Earnest Where: Darlington Civic Theatre When: Until Saturday Verdict: Great entertainment THE importance, indeed, of being Earnest runs through this play to the very last line.