Let us know on (01492) 574452 CAPTION(S): Pwllheli equine expert Lindsey Mitchell and (inset) Robert Redford in The Horse Whisperer
What does THW stand for?
THW stands for The Horse Whisperer
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of THW
We have 23 other meanings of THW in our Acronym Attic
- Total Harmonic Voltage Distortion
- Total Hepatic Vascular Exclusion
- Thousand Hills Venture Fund
- Twain Harte Vacation Rentals (California)
- Timmins High and Vocational School (Canada)
- Tar Heel Wire (independent University of North Carolina news)
- Technisches Hilfswerk (German government disaster relief organization)
- Temperate Hardwood
- Temperature Humidity Wind (heat index calculation)
- The Hive Workshop (Warcraft III modding site)
- Thermoplastic Heat and Water Resistant Insulated Wire (UL)
- This House Would (debating)
- Tile Hill Wood (UK)
- Tiny House on Wheels
- Tower Hamlets Wheelers (cycling; UK)
- Transient Hot Wire (thermal conductivity measurements)
- Turnverein Hassee-Winterbek (Kiel, Germany handball team)
- Two Hour Wargames (game manufacturer)
- Tower Hamlets Women's Aid Website (UK)
- Temperature, Humidity, Winds, and Pressure System (meteorology; Atmospheric Radiation Measurement Climate Research Facility; US Department of Energy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mr Thomas, who grew up on the family farm, learned his skills from Monty Roberts, an American trainer believed to have been one of the inspirations for the novel and the film The Horse Whisperer.
Roberts is believed to have been one of the inspirations for the novel The Horse Whisperer, which was made into a film starring Robert Redford.
HE is known as the Horse Whisperer and since he was a toddler has had a gift for training the magnificent animals.
The 45-year-old, who has an innate understanding of horses and uses methods similar to those made famous in Robert Redford's 1998 movie The Horse Whisperer, says she has already helped people throughout Europe.
That said, Clare Balding's early reference to horse whispering tended to perpetuate the myth - popularised by the 1998 film The Horse Whisperer - that 'whispering' is in any way part of the type of work that Kelly Marks was doing.
The art of talking to horses inspired former Journal reporter Nicholas Evans to pen the novel The Horse Whisperer, which later became a movie starring Robert Redford.
The term horse whisperer was made famous in the classic 1998 film, The Horse Whisperer, starring Robert Redford.
The Horse Whisperer was a 1998 film, directed by and starring Robert Redford, about a man who could communicate with troubled horses.