The elite connections that had enabled an Andrew Jackson to bypass the normal channels of civilian authority in quest of personal aggrandizement, when the nation was dominated by the gentry and its ethos of deference and paternalism, were no longer sufficient guarantees of status once new means of connection, influence, and advancement were opened up by the market revolution and the growth of voluntary associations and the party system.
What does TEC stand for?
TEC stands for The Elite Connection (gaming clan)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of TEC
We have 467 other meanings of TEC in our Acronym Attic
- Texas Education Code
- Texas Electric Cooperatives, Inc.
- Texas Employment Commission
- Texas Ethics Commission
- Thanet Engineered Cars (UK)
- The Education Channel (various locations)
- The Education Committee (various locations)
- The Education Company (Canada)
- The Electric Company (TV show)
- The Elite Clan (Counter-Strike clan)
- The Elongated Collectors (pressed elongated souvenir pennies)
- The Energy Cooperative (various locations)
- The Engineers’ Club
- The Entertainment Connection (various locations)
- The Entrepreneurship Center
- The Environmental Company, Inc (Annapolis, MD)
- The Episcopal Church
- The Eternal City (game)
- The Experts Conference (computing)
- Theatre Enabling Command (medical care; US DoD)