In his book The Signal and the Noise, the American statistician Nate Silver says that forecasters perform worst when faced with a circumstance that they have not encountered before.
What does TAS stand for?
TAS stands for The American Statistician (journal)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TAS
We have 443 other meanings of TAS in our Acronym Attic
- Thales Airborne Systems (France)
- Thales Alenia Space (satellite systems; France)
- The Absolute Sound (online journal)
- The Accounting Solution
- The Actors Studio
- The Advocates' Society (Canada)
- The Amazing Spiderman (movies)
- The Amber Spyglass (Phillip Pullman book)
- The American Scene
- The American Spectator (magazine)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Insights into road racing can turn up in unexpected places, even in a technical journal such as the American Statistician (1998, Vol.