Those duties, as laid out in the Texas Education Code, are very broad, including the obligation "to govern, support, and maintain each of the component institutions.
What does TEC stand for?
TEC stands for Texas Education Code
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TEC
We have 467 other meanings of TEC in our Acronym Attic
- Tennessee Eastman Corporation
- Terminologia Esperanto Centro (Esperanto: Esperanto Terminology Center)
- Terna Engineering College (India)
- Territorial Electoral Commission (Russian Federation)
- Tertiary Education Commission
- Test & Experimentation Center
- Test and Electrical Characterization
- Test and Evaluation Center
- Test Environment Certification
- Test Execution Control
- Texas Electric Cooperatives, Inc.
- Texas Employment Commission
- Texas Ethics Commission
- Thanet Engineered Cars (UK)
- The Education Channel (various locations)
- The Education Committee (various locations)
- The Education Company (Canada)
- The Electric Company (TV show)
- The Elite Clan (Counter-Strike clan)
- The Elite Connection (gaming clan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
104(F), "Applicability of Title," of the Texas Education Code (TEA, 2001) reminds chartering entities that they must provide special education programs under Subchapter A, Chapter 29 of the code mandating implementation of the IDEA.
In the Texas Education Code, the Legislature placed the governance of the University of Texas System, which includes the University of Texas at Austin, in the nine member board of regents appointed by the governor.
Legislator: Regent Behavior "Inconsistent" With Statute (The Texas Tribune): "The Texas Education Code lays out the state's expectations for regents of public university systems, and state Sen.