We were heading feet dry to conduct section terrain flight (TERF) and division confined-area landings (CALS) in Djibouti.
What does TERF stand for?
TERF stands for Terrain Flight
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TERF
We have 7 other meanings of TERF in our Acronym Attic
- Test and Evaluation Research and Education Center (Georgia Institute of Technology)
- Tactical Electronic Reconnaissance Ground Processor
- Technology for Emission Reduction and Eco-Efficiency (Canada; petroleum industry)
- Trans-European Research and Education Networking Association (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- Terrestrial Environmental Services
- The European Renewable Energy Study
- Toxicological Evaluation of Realistic Emissions of Source Aerosols (study)
- Transformation Environment for Interactive Systems Representations
- Tax Effect Recovery Factor
- Technical ELINT Reference File (KILTING)
- Thai Elephants Research and Conservation Fund (Thailand)
- The Escort Review Forum (discussion board)
- The Eye Research Foundation (Chennai, India)
- Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist
- Transition Economies Research Forum
- The Protein Responsible for Complex I
- Telomere Repeat Binding Factor 2
- Terbium, Iron, Naval Ordnance Laboratory, Dysprosium (magnetostrictive alloy)
- Tax Empowerment and Relief for Farmers and Fishermen
- Trans European Rail Freight Freeway
Samples in periodicals archive:
The first, terrain flight modes (contour, low-level, and nap of the earth [NOE] flight), describes the different aircraft altitudes and movement considerations to the earth's surface enroute to target areas in which AHs are utilized.