Coupled with quality service, clean facilities and reasonably priced room rates, Air Force lodging facilities are still a great choice for Airmen, whether they're on temporary duty orders, retired and traveling or just passing through," Stewart said.
What does TDY stand for?
TDY stands for Temporary Duty (US military)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TDY
We have 6 other meanings of TDY in our Acronym Attic
- Tanadgusix Corporation
- Test Drive Experience (Stadel Volvo; East Petersburg, PA)
- Theta Delta Chi (fraternity)
- Time Division Exchange
- Time Domain (X) Crosstalk
- Timken-Detroit Axle Company
- Tracking Dog Excellent (canine title)
- Texas DX (Distance) Society (amateur radio group; Houston, TX)
- Teledyne Technologies, Inc. (stock symbol)
- Temporarily Divorced for a Year (servicemember slang)
- Temporary Duty Yonder (military slang)
- Testis-Determining factor on Y
- The Daily Yomiuri (Japan)
- Tru Dat Yo
- Typically Developing Youth
- Taiwan Dependent Youth Activity Corps
- The Dismembered Youth Corps
- Trincomalee District Youth Development Aham (Sri Lanka)
- Tamworth District Youth Forum (UK)
- Tata Dividend Yield Fund
Samples in periodicals archive:
Not pictured is Lieutenant Commander Jose Vargas, USCG, (Coast Guard Base Support Unit Honolulu), who participated via Skype from his temporary duty position as Finance Section Chief for the Operation Deepwater Horizon Gulf Coast Incident Management Team.
Prior to his current position, he was deputy head of mission at the British Embassy in Kuwait, from where he did six months temporary duty as deputy head of mission at the British Embassy in Baghdad.
Only those Sailors on temporary duty to the land area of Haiti for 30 or more consecutive days will be eligible for HDP-L.
Since the JAATT conferences are no longer required, the web-based JMS saves the Department of Defense (DOD) $1 million in temporary duty costs annually while returning to DOD thousands of hours of productivity that had been associated with travelling to the conferences.
DEPLOYMENTS: 62 temporary duty assignments since 2000 with 500+ combat hours.
Due to the nature of the brigade's mission, neither Soldiers assigned as "warriors in transition" nor brigade cadre are able to go on temporary duty to attend professional military-education courses such as a Phase I BNCOC.
In the North-East, we now have had a case in which people with a temporary duty of care towards a child allegedly terrorised the child instead, by apparently using intimidation and torture techniques more characteristic of Iraq.