Dhalgren's micro-detailed images of the streets of Bellona portray a city that is both hellish labyrinth and temporary autonomous zone.
What does TAZ stand for?
TAZ stands for Temporary Autonomous Zone
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TAZ
We have 21 other meanings of TAZ in our Acronym Attic
- Type At Ya Later
- Ten Accomplished Youth Organizations
- Thai American Young Professionals Association
- To Answer Your Question
- Texas Association for Year Round Education
- Tampereen Yliopistollinen Sairaala (Tampere Universitial Hospital)
- Tred Avon Yacht Sales (Oxford, MD)
- Tageszeitung (German newspaper)
- Tasmanian Devil (cartoon character)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The remark has been made that those forty-five minutes on Friday night that saw fifty asylum seekers escape before any effective police intervention were like a temporary autonomous zone.
Close's portraits open up the elusive present, creating a temporary autonomous zone in which to examine questions of specularity and personal experience that sidestep ideological debates.