Welfare recipients receive food stamps and cash assistance under the federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program.
What does TAFNF stand for?
TAFNF stands for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (usually seen as TANF)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
- Taiwan Association of Family Medicine
- Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets (John Murphy book)
- Tibetan American Foundation of Minnesota
- Training Administration and Financial Management Information System
- Tactical Air Force Maintenance Management
- Total Active Federal Military Service
- Total Active Federal Military Service Date
- That's All for Now
- The Accessible Friends Network (Saint Albans, Hertfordshire, England, UK)
- The Allied Forces Network (gaming website)
- Technology and Finance Office
- Theater Accounting and Finance Office (US Air Force)
- Time Away from Office
- Training, Analysis and Feedback Officer
- The Association For Objective Law (Albuquerque, New Mexico)
- Tanzania Forestry Research Institute
- Torrington Area Foundation for Public Giving (Torrington, CT)
- Tremont Area Free Public Library
- Temperature Actuated Flow Reduction (water valve)
- Tonic Ambulatory Foot Respone
Samples in periodicals archive:
These benefits include food stamps, Medicaid, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, child care subsidies, transportation subsidies, refundable tax credits, and others.
Contributors review current/ pending legislation relating to the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families block grant, Child Support Enforcement program, a state's court case on parental notification prior to abortion, and marriage for same-sex couples.
Further, in 2000 and 2001, DSHS requested funds through Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (the post--welfare reform successor to Aid to Families with Dependent Children) to support efforts by PATH and the state pharmacists association to expand the pharmacy access approach, targeting rural areas that had high rates of unintended pregnancy.
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), the block grant that replaced welfare, has been extended for another five years, while major issues remain unresolved for poor families living with a gutted safety net.
Officials at the Department of Health and Human Services should develop best practices for domestic violence screening and distribute them to state Temporary Assistance for Needy Families programs, according to a report from the Government Accountability Office.