It is emphasised that the service delivered by the successful framework member will generally be governed by the European Directive on Temporary Agency Work (Directive 2008/104/EC), as transposed into Irish law by the Protection of Employees (Temporary Agency Work) Act 2012.
What does TAW stand for?
TAW stands for Temporary Agency Work (various locations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of TAW
We have 54 other meanings of TAW in our Acronym Attic
- Terminal Airspace Visualization Tool
- Test Article Vehicle Transfer System (US Navy)
- Texas Association of Vietnam Veterans
- Tactical Air Warfare Group
- Tactical Airlift Wing (USAF)
- Take A Walk
- Tampa Armature Works, Inc.
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Technology At Work (Hewlett-Packard Company)
- Tell and Wait
- Temporary Alternative Work
- Tenancy-At-Will (rental lease)
- The Ancient Warriors
- The Art of Warfare
- Tibetan Association of Washington (Seattle, WA)
- Tickets Are Awaiting
- Toledo, Angola, and Western Railway Company
- Total Available Water
- Toutes Armes Alle Wapens (military master degree, Belgium)
- Trinidad to Aruba to Key West (routing designation; US Navy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
AFTER more than ten years in the making the European Parliament has adopted a directive on temporary agency work which enables temporary workers to be treated equally with those of the employer company.
A private member's bill on temporary agency work is due to be debated in Parliament later in the month.
Atypical employment relationships: a comparative analysis of fixed-term, part-time and temporary agency work in Europe
The circuit provided information: - information on job placement and unemployment benefits, counseling and retraining, labor, insolvency, EURES issues, employment agencies and temporary agency work volnE'chpracovnE[degrees]ch places, active employment policies, state social support, the care allowance, benefits for persons with disabilities and cards social systems - SCART.
Contract notice: Temporary agency work presesprecher.
International experience points to areas for policy action, including reducing the cost to employers of hiring youth, particularly the low-skilled and those on training contracts, either through a youth minimum wage, targeted wage subsidies, or lower social security contributions; providing incentives for investments in training; and relaxing rules around the use of temporary agency work.